iFruit, the Grand Theft Auto 5 smartphone and tablet companion app that ties directly into the game, was released on Google Play for Android devices today.
The free companion app, which was released for iOS alongside GTA 5 in September, contains a handful of mini-games that have an effect on the open world console game. In "Los Santos Customs," players can customize their cars, including license plates. In "Chop the Dog," players can take care of GTA 5's Rottweiler. By doing things like cleaning up after his messes, Chop's behavior in GTA 5 will change by becoming more responsive to Franklin and helping him find hidden treasures.
For more on the game that spawned the iFruit companion app, be sure to check out Polygon's Grand Theft Auto 5 review, which was recently updated to encompass the game's multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto Online.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27