A Warcraft fan has created a high fantasy real-time strategy game using Blizzard's Starcraft 2 editor.
It's been ten years since we've seen a real-time strategy game in the Warcraft realm. But for fans waiting for news of an as-yet-unannounced 'Warcraft 4' game, WOW RTS: Alliance and Horde (aka 'WAH') may just fill a gap.
The 245MB game, written by StevenLuo and detailed in a preview video, features Alliance and Horde factions fighting in three melee maps as well as 14 buildings, 16 units and 18 heroes, many taken directly from World of Warcraft.
StevenLuo has been modding Blizzard games for over a decade. "I began this project on Starcraft 2's editor this March," he said. "After six month's working in my free time, I realized that I must focus on it and make it perfect, so I resigned my job. After two month's work, now the 1.0 version comes out."
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?