A Warcraft fan has created a high fantasy real-time strategy game using Blizzard's Starcraft 2 editor.
It's been ten years since we've seen a real-time strategy game in the Warcraft realm. But for fans waiting for news of an as-yet-unannounced 'Warcraft 4' game, WOW RTS: Alliance and Horde (aka 'WAH') may just fill a gap.
The 245MB game, written by StevenLuo and detailed in a preview video, features Alliance and Horde factions fighting in three melee maps as well as 14 buildings, 16 units and 18 heroes, many taken directly from World of Warcraft.
StevenLuo has been modding Blizzard games for over a decade. "I began this project on Starcraft 2's editor this March," he said. "After six month's working in my free time, I realized that I must focus on it and make it perfect, so I resigned my job. After two month's work, now the 1.0 version comes out."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant