A Warcraft fan has created a high fantasy real-time strategy game using Blizzard's Starcraft 2 editor.
It's been ten years since we've seen a real-time strategy game in the Warcraft realm. But for fans waiting for news of an as-yet-unannounced 'Warcraft 4' game, WOW RTS: Alliance and Horde (aka 'WAH') may just fill a gap.
The 245MB game, written by StevenLuo and detailed in a preview video, features Alliance and Horde factions fighting in three melee maps as well as 14 buildings, 16 units and 18 heroes, many taken directly from World of Warcraft.
StevenLuo has been modding Blizzard games for over a decade. "I began this project on Starcraft 2's editor this March," he said. "After six month's working in my free time, I realized that I must focus on it and make it perfect, so I resigned my job. After two month's work, now the 1.0 version comes out."
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Candy Crush creator estimates its IPO could value the company at $7 billion
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Towerfall Diamond League
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC