A Warcraft fan has created a high fantasy real-time strategy game using Blizzard's Starcraft 2 editor.
It's been ten years since we've seen a real-time strategy game in the Warcraft realm. But for fans waiting for news of an as-yet-unannounced 'Warcraft 4' game, WOW RTS: Alliance and Horde (aka 'WAH') may just fill a gap.
The 245MB game, written by StevenLuo and detailed in a preview video, features Alliance and Horde factions fighting in three melee maps as well as 14 buildings, 16 units and 18 heroes, many taken directly from World of Warcraft.
StevenLuo has been modding Blizzard games for over a decade. "I began this project on Starcraft 2's editor this March," he said. "After six month's working in my free time, I realized that I must focus on it and make it perfect, so I resigned my job. After two month's work, now the 1.0 version comes out."
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30