The Typing of the Dead: Overkill, a shooter/typing instructor hybrid, is available now for Windows PC.
The game, which is based on Sega's The House of the Dead series, pits players and their keyboards against zombie hordes throughout nine stages and three levels of difficulty. The PC game also ships with a "Full and faithful port of the original PS3 edition of HOTD" and will receive a co-op multiplayer mode as free downloadable content "shortly" after the game launches, according to its Steam description.
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill is regularly $19.99 but is available now through Steam and Sega's Digital Store for 50 percent off until this Friday, Nov. 1. Sega's version will net buyers a Steam code for download.
The release comes just before Halloween, a thematically appropriate holiday for the series, which began as a modification of The House of the Dead in Japanese arcades in 1999. Sega's last console, the Dreamcast, received a port in 2001, as did PC in 2003 and PlayStation 2 in 2004. The Typing of the Dead series, which blends horror with typing education, received an iOS port called Flick of the Dead in 2012.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite