Titanfall will be an Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC exclusive "for the life of the title," Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen said during an investor call today.
Respawn Entertainment's upcoming first-person shooter was revealed earlier this year as coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC, with no mention of other platforms. In the wake of the game's announcement, engineer Jon Shiring wrote a post about how Microsoft's cloud computing architecture plays a part in making Titanfall possible.
Jorgensen made his comments in response to a question about the FPS and the recent delay of The Sims 4.
"In the case of Titanfall, it's a brand new IP, and it's exclusive only for the life of the title on Xbox One and Xbox 360 and PCs," he said.
His statement seems to indicate that Titanfall won't make its way to Sony's PlayStation platforms. We've reached out to EA for confirmation and will update this article with more information as it becomes available. For more on the game in the meantime, be sure to check out our in-depth coverage from E3 2013.
Update: According to a tweet from Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, Titanfall "will only be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC," which plants the title squarely within the Microsoft ecosystem.
Yes, @Titanfallgame game is exclusive. No, not a timed exclusive. It will only be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) October 29, 2013
A tweet from Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella indicates Electronic Arts and Microsoft's exclusive deal for Titanfall is a recent development. Zampella said Titanfall was "always MS exclusive at launch" but that "EA made a deal for the rest," which Respawn "only found out recently."
Zampella later responded to tweets about the deal, saying that Respawn will eventually make games for PlayStation 4 and implied that Titanfall's exclusivity is limited to the first game only.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- Caped crusader goes kinda nuts in new Lego Batman 3 trailer
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare isn't coming to Wii U
- Mad Max developer working on 'surprises,' possibly Just Cause 3
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?