Titanfall will be an Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC exclusive "for the life of the title," Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen said during an investor call today.
Respawn Entertainment's upcoming first-person shooter was revealed earlier this year as coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC, with no mention of other platforms. In the wake of the game's announcement, engineer Jon Shiring wrote a post about how Microsoft's cloud computing architecture plays a part in making Titanfall possible.
Jorgensen made his comments in response to a question about the FPS and the recent delay of The Sims 4.
"In the case of Titanfall, it's a brand new IP, and it's exclusive only for the life of the title on Xbox One and Xbox 360 and PCs," he said.
His statement seems to indicate that Titanfall won't make its way to Sony's PlayStation platforms. We've reached out to EA for confirmation and will update this article with more information as it becomes available. For more on the game in the meantime, be sure to check out our in-depth coverage from E3 2013.
Update: According to a tweet from Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, Titanfall "will only be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC," which plants the title squarely within the Microsoft ecosystem.
Yes, @Titanfallgame game is exclusive. No, not a timed exclusive. It will only be available on Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) October 29, 2013
A tweet from Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella indicates Electronic Arts and Microsoft's exclusive deal for Titanfall is a recent development. Zampella said Titanfall was "always MS exclusive at launch" but that "EA made a deal for the rest," which Respawn "only found out recently."
Zampella later responded to tweets about the deal, saying that Respawn will eventually make games for PlayStation 4 and implied that Titanfall's exclusivity is limited to the first game only.
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- BitSummit 2014 grants first awards, nearly triples last year's attendance
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Publishing games on Facebook leads to future mobile success, says EU head
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to launch February 2015
- Are we living in a portable game golden age without knowing it?
- Why Double Fine and Fullbright teamed up with Midnight City
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Getting a PS4