The Android "soft launch" for Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time, PopCap Games' free-to-play sequel to its undead-infused tower defense game, is now live in Australia and New Zealand.
"The full global release of Plants vs. Zombies 2 for Android will launch shortly," according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts and PopCap.
The game's staggered Android launch mirrors that of its iOS counterpart, which had a soft launch in Australia and New Zealand in early July. Plants vs. Zombies 2 launched worldwide in the iOS App Store for iPad and iPhone in mid-August and was approaching 25 million downloads within weeks. PopCap announced the October Android launch late last month.
You can learn more about the game's development in our interview with producer Allen Murray.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes