Target will allegedly offer a buy two, get one free deal on PlayStation 4 games during the console's launch week, according to leaked materials for the promotion.
A Target flyer posted to Reddit by user "Scotty_Supernova" lists the deal as in-store only and notes that it applies to only a handful of PS4 launch games. These eligible games include Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Madden NFL 25 and NBA 2K14. All three titles must be different in order for the deal to be eligible, and the lowest-priced game will be the free one.
The flyer also notes that the PS4 will be available at Target on Friday, Nov. 15 starting at 8 a.m. The buy two, get one deal on games will run from Nov. 10 through Nov. 16.
"Scotty_Supernova" also took to the Cheap Ass Gamer forums to clarify that the deal applies only to games that Target has in stock — no backorders or "rainchecks" can be used to obtain different games.
The PlayStation 4 will launch on Nov. 15 in North America and Nov. 29 in Europe. Keep an eye on our dedicated next-gen prep StoryStream, detailing what the transition means for gaming and when and if you should make it.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)