PlayStation 4 owners can request a Blu-ray activation disc if they are unable or unwilling to connect their console to the internet, according to a post from social media manager Sid Shuman on the PlayStation Blog.
Those interested can request the disc by contacting SCEA Consumer services. The disc will then be sent via mail.
PlayStation 4 requires a day-one system update to enable Blu-ray and DVD capabilities. Once the patch is downloaded, users will need to perform a one-time activation via internet.
PlayStation 4 launches Nov. 15 in North America and Nov. 29 in Europe.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update