PlayStation 4 owners can request a Blu-ray activation disc if they are unable or unwilling to connect their console to the internet, according to a post from social media manager Sid Shuman on the PlayStation Blog.
Those interested can request the disc by contacting SCEA Consumer services. The disc will then be sent via mail.
PlayStation 4 requires a day-one system update to enable Blu-ray and DVD capabilities. Once the patch is downloaded, users will need to perform a one-time activation via internet.
PlayStation 4 launches Nov. 15 in North America and Nov. 29 in Europe.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today