PlayStation 4 owners can request a Blu-ray activation disc if they are unable or unwilling to connect their console to the internet, according to a post from social media manager Sid Shuman on the PlayStation Blog.
Those interested can request the disc by contacting SCEA Consumer services. The disc will then be sent via mail.
PlayStation 4 requires a day-one system update to enable Blu-ray and DVD capabilities. Once the patch is downloaded, users will need to perform a one-time activation via internet.
PlayStation 4 launches Nov. 15 in North America and Nov. 29 in Europe.
In This StoryStream
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?