The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts will require an installation of approximately 3 GB for the game's single-player campaign, according to a post from Activision spokesperson Dan Amrich, a first for the series on Microsoft's current-gen platform.
Ghosts will play on Xbox 360 consoles with 4 GB of internal memory, Amrich clarified, and players can opt to install the single-player campaign data on a compatible USB 2.0 drive. Players who opt to skip the game's single-player and focus solely on multiplayer won't need to install that data.
The game's downloadable dynamic multiplayer map, Free Fall, a pre-order incentive, will require 250 MB of storage.
Multiplayer on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will have a limitation of its own: online multiplayer now supports up to 12 players, down from the 18 player limit in previous Call of Duty games. That's according to listings for the game on Xbox.com and box shots of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions posted by Charlie Intel.
Polygon has reached out to Activision and Infinity Ward seeking confirmation of the max player count on all platforms.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct coming Aug. 4
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders