The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts will require an installation of approximately 3 GB for the game's single-player campaign, according to a post from Activision spokesperson Dan Amrich, a first for the series on Microsoft's current-gen platform.
Ghosts will play on Xbox 360 consoles with 4 GB of internal memory, Amrich clarified, and players can opt to install the single-player campaign data on a compatible USB 2.0 drive. Players who opt to skip the game's single-player and focus solely on multiplayer won't need to install that data.
The game's downloadable dynamic multiplayer map, Free Fall, a pre-order incentive, will require 250 MB of storage.
Multiplayer on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will have a limitation of its own: online multiplayer now supports up to 12 players, down from the 18 player limit in previous Call of Duty games. That's according to listings for the game on Xbox.com and box shots of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions posted by Charlie Intel.
Polygon has reached out to Activision and Infinity Ward seeking confirmation of the max player count on all platforms.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?