Resident Evil 5 is the top-selling game in Capcom's history, according to the company's recently updated investor relations data.
The game now surpasses Street Fighter 2 as the most popular game in Capcom's roster, selling roughly 6.5 million units since its launch in 2009. Capcom lists 61 games that have sold over 1 million units since their release across often numerous platforms.
"In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit," reads a statement from the company. "Since Capcom's inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 60 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry."
You can check out the list in full right here.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct coming Aug. 4
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders