Resident Evil 5 is the top-selling game in Capcom's history, according to the company's recently updated investor relations data.
The game now surpasses Street Fighter 2 as the most popular game in Capcom's roster, selling roughly 6.5 million units since its launch in 2009. Capcom lists 61 games that have sold over 1 million units since their release across often numerous platforms.
"In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit," reads a statement from the company. "Since Capcom's inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 60 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry."
You can check out the list in full right here.
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?