Resident Evil 5 is the top-selling game in Capcom's history, according to the company's recently updated investor relations data.
The game now surpasses Street Fighter 2 as the most popular game in Capcom's roster, selling roughly 6.5 million units since its launch in 2009. Capcom lists 61 games that have sold over 1 million units since their release across often numerous platforms.
"In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit," reads a statement from the company. "Since Capcom's inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 60 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry."
You can check out the list in full right here.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- GameStop has a plan to give The Last of Us owners half off of the Remastered edition
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update