Resident Evil 5 is the top-selling game in Capcom's history, according to the company's recently updated investor relations data.
The game now surpasses Street Fighter 2 as the most popular game in Capcom's roster, selling roughly 6.5 million units since its launch in 2009. Capcom lists 61 games that have sold over 1 million units since their release across often numerous platforms.
"In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit," reads a statement from the company. "Since Capcom's inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 60 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry."
You can check out the list in full right here.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?