South Park: The Stick of Truth, Obsidian's oft-delayed RPG set in the world of the long-running cartoon, has been bumped back once again — the title's now slated to drop March 4, 2014, Ubisoft announced today.
Before today's delay, The Stick of Truth was supposed to launch Dec. 10 this year — a date the game had arrived at after a series of previously scheduled launch windows. After receiving an official title last May and scheduled for the second half of calendar 2012, the game was pushed into early 2013 later that same month. During the collapse of then-publisher THQ, South Park: The Stick of Truth was bumped to "early fiscal 2014," and was given the Dec. 10 release mere months ago. The title was present at Ubisoft's booth earlier this month at New York Comic-Con, but wasn't available for hands-on previews.
On Ubisoft's official blog, Ubisoft North America president Laurent Detoc commented on the latest delay.
"Within three weeks after acquiring the game, we sadly realized we had to turn this thing upside down if we hoped to deliver the experience everybody wanted," Detoc wrote. "It's been such a major overhaul to get to the point where we are that we couldn't let it go, even if that meant missing December."
Ubisoft revealed the game's latest trailer, a massive, seven-and-a-half-minute reel, alongside the announcement. You can find it posted above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)