The Nintendo 3DS app Pokémon Bank, which allows players to transfer and store Pokémon online, will be available Dec. 27 in the 3DS eShop, Nintendo announced today.
Owners of Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be able to store up to 3,000 Pokémon in the bank. Pokémon Bank comes with the Poké Transporter app, which can be used to permanently move Pokémon from Pokémon Black/White and Pokémon Black 2/White 2 into the bank, and from there, into Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
Nintendo will charge an annual fee of $4.99 for Pokémon Bank, with the cost going toward management and maintenance of the servers for the service. While there is no additional cost for Poké Transporter, that app will be unavailable separately from Pokémon Bank, since it requires Pokémon Bank to run.
Users who download and open Pokémon Bank by Jan. 31, 2014, will be able to use it and Poké Transporter for free for 30 days. More details about both apps are available at the FAQ on the Pokémon X/Pokémon Y website. Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be released Oct. 12 on 3DS; you can read our full review here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant