The Nintendo 3DS app Pokémon Bank, which allows players to transfer and store Pokémon online, will be available Dec. 27 in the 3DS eShop, Nintendo announced today.
Owners of Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be able to store up to 3,000 Pokémon in the bank. Pokémon Bank comes with the Poké Transporter app, which can be used to permanently move Pokémon from Pokémon Black/White and Pokémon Black 2/White 2 into the bank, and from there, into Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
Nintendo will charge an annual fee of $4.99 for Pokémon Bank, with the cost going toward management and maintenance of the servers for the service. While there is no additional cost for Poké Transporter, that app will be unavailable separately from Pokémon Bank, since it requires Pokémon Bank to run.
Users who download and open Pokémon Bank by Jan. 31, 2014, will be able to use it and Poké Transporter for free for 30 days. More details about both apps are available at the FAQ on the Pokémon X/Pokémon Y website. Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be released Oct. 12 on 3DS; you can read our full review here.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us