The Nintendo 3DS app Pokémon Bank, which allows players to transfer and store Pokémon online, will be available Dec. 27 in the 3DS eShop, Nintendo announced today.
Owners of Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be able to store up to 3,000 Pokémon in the bank. Pokémon Bank comes with the Poké Transporter app, which can be used to permanently move Pokémon from Pokémon Black/White and Pokémon Black 2/White 2 into the bank, and from there, into Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
Nintendo will charge an annual fee of $4.99 for Pokémon Bank, with the cost going toward management and maintenance of the servers for the service. While there is no additional cost for Poké Transporter, that app will be unavailable separately from Pokémon Bank, since it requires Pokémon Bank to run.
Users who download and open Pokémon Bank by Jan. 31, 2014, will be able to use it and Poké Transporter for free for 30 days. More details about both apps are available at the FAQ on the Pokémon X/Pokémon Y website. Pokémon X/Pokémon Y will be released Oct. 12 on 3DS; you can read our full review here.
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?