When crafting its mech-centric first-person shooter, Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment wanted to "stretch the limits of what an FPS multiplayer game can be," producer Drew McCoy said during a video shown at the EB Games Expo in Australia.
The video was part of a longer presentation by community manager Abbie Heppe. In addition to gameplay and background on the game, attendees were also treated to a special video interview with several staff members. McCoy said Respawn's goal was to craft a game that was fun and unique.
"There are so many games now that are just retreading old ground," McCoy said.
"We've got characters, we've got a story. You have moments, things that people traditionally expect from single-player games. We're putting that all into a multiplayer game, and it's awesome."
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game