River City Ransom: Underground, an officially licensed North American follow-up to the classic 2D beat 'em up title, has reached its initial $180,000 funding goal on Kickstarter with 58 hours left as of press time before the campaign comes to an end.
The game is still a long way from its stretch goals which promise to take it to additional platforms beyond Windows PC, however. For $280,000, the developers state they intend to port the game to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, while $320,000 is required for a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS version of the game, and $360,000 required for its Xbox One version.
"We don't consider Kickstarter a 'pre-order' system, so to us, backing our project means you're supporting our vision for the game and want to see it happen." the developer warns on its Kickstarter page. "Though we'll bring our game to Windows first, we will then consider as many platforms as we possibly can, based on time, resources, and license approvals. The platform story doesn't end with this Kickstarter, and we're talking to all of the major players to make sure we get the game to as many people as possible."
You can continue to support the game for its remaining days right here.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)