Publisher Square Enix filed a trademark for "Triad Wars" in the U.S. a week ago.
"We're super-excited that it's another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it's something we've wanted to do for ages and we're very happy to be working with Square Enix again," said a representative for the studio in a blog post on the company's official website.
United Front plans to reveal more about the game in 2014; it did not provide any platforms or release window. The studio co-developed Sleeping Dogs, an open-world crime game set in Hong Kong, with Square Enix London Studios; it was released last August on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- The Sun Also Rises is the prettiest game about war
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders