City of Titans, Missing Worlds Media's open-world superhero successor to City of Heroes seeking funding on Kickstarter, surpassed its funding goal with 27 days remaining in the crowdfunding campaign.
As of this writing, the Kickstarter campaign for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game has received $330,650 from 2,238 backers. Its original goal was $320,000.
Though the developers haven't outlined a series of stretch goals, they wrote about potential stretch goals in their Kickstarter pitch.
"If we go beyond that with stretch goals? Additional middleware to help us make the game," the City of Titans Kickstarter page reads. "Purchasing of assets, saving our team the time needed to develop. Licensing premade systems from other game developers. There is a world of options out there, and all of it means we make a better game for you."
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller