Writers Rhianna Pratchett for Tomb Raider and Graham Goring for Lego City Undercover are in the running to win the video game writing award from the Guild, along with Mike Bithell for Thomas Was Alone. The Thomas Was Alone writer is currently working on his second game, a modder-friendly crime-simulator called Volume.
We previously spoke to Pratchett about her work on the Tomb Raider reboot, where she discusses how Lara Croft's backstory "finds a middle ground between strict adherence to canon and poetic liberty."
The video game award is one of 13 categories for writing across various mediums, such as theatre, radio, books, film and several for television. The 2013 Writers' Guild Awards is scheduled to be held in London on Nov. 13.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?