Writers Rhianna Pratchett for Tomb Raider and Graham Goring for Lego City Undercover are in the running to win the video game writing award from the Guild, along with Mike Bithell for Thomas Was Alone. The Thomas Was Alone writer is currently working on his second game, a modder-friendly crime-simulator called Volume.
We previously spoke to Pratchett about her work on the Tomb Raider reboot, where she discusses how Lara Croft's backstory "finds a middle ground between strict adherence to canon and poetic liberty."
The video game award is one of 13 categories for writing across various mediums, such as theatre, radio, books, film and several for television. The 2013 Writers' Guild Awards is scheduled to be held in London on Nov. 13.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?