The second expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic is called Galactic Starfighter, and developer BioWare will begin rolling it out in December, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
Galactic Starfighter follows the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, which was originally released this past April. The new expansion brings player-vs.-player combat into The Old Republic with 12-on-12 dogfights in space between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. Users will be able to customize their starfighters and take different roles on the vessels, including scout and gunship.
Galactic Starfighter will initially be made available to current subscribers on Dec. 3. Those Early Access users will receive exclusive paint jobs, pilot suits and in-game titles, as well as the maximum leveling and progression benefit. The Old Republic's "Preferred Status" users — anyone who used to be a subscriber or has made a purchase in the game's online store — will be able to play Galactic Starfighter beginning Jan. 14, 2013, and will receive two pilot suits and one title. BioWare and EA will open up the expansion to free-to-play customers on Feb. 4, and give them two pilot suits.
You can watch the first trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic - Galactic Starfighter above.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?