Guild Wars 2's Halloween-themed update, Blood and Madness, will launch Oct. 15, ArenaNet announced today.
The update will introduce new features and Halloween-themed rewards, which you can get a sneak peek of Oct. 14 at 3 p.m. during a Guild Wars 2 livestream on Twitch. Players will also be able to participate in several new events: trick-or-treating at Mad Realm Doors, exploring Mad King's Labyrinth, puzzles at Mad King's Clock Tower and PvP play in Lunatic Inquisition.
"With Halloween fast approaching, Magister Tassi of the scholarly order Durmand Priory has detected some unusual energy readings that indicate another force is rising from the Underworld," the update reads. "This time, it's Bloody Prince Edrick, son of Mad King Thorn, the insane tyrant who ruled Kryta centuries ago and now haunts Tyria as the powerful spirit of Halloween. Frightful new events and challenges await players as they confront the Bloody Prince and his growing, evil influence."
Blood and Madness is the second of three seasonal updates. For more on the update's fixes and features, check out the full post.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic