Guild Wars 2's Halloween-themed update, Blood and Madness, will launch Oct. 15, ArenaNet announced today.
The update will introduce new features and Halloween-themed rewards, which you can get a sneak peek of Oct. 14 at 3 p.m. during a Guild Wars 2 livestream on Twitch. Players will also be able to participate in several new events: trick-or-treating at Mad Realm Doors, exploring Mad King's Labyrinth, puzzles at Mad King's Clock Tower and PvP play in Lunatic Inquisition.
"With Halloween fast approaching, Magister Tassi of the scholarly order Durmand Priory has detected some unusual energy readings that indicate another force is rising from the Underworld," the update reads. "This time, it's Bloody Prince Edrick, son of Mad King Thorn, the insane tyrant who ruled Kryta centuries ago and now haunts Tyria as the powerful spirit of Halloween. Frightful new events and challenges await players as they confront the Bloody Prince and his growing, evil influence."
Blood and Madness is the second of three seasonal updates. For more on the update's fixes and features, check out the full post.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing