American composer and former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Cliff Martinez seems to have outed Far Cry 4, according to a recent interview with Lost in the Multiplex.
In response to a question about what he is currently working on, Martinez replies that he is working on several projects, including the unannounced next title in the Far Cry series.
"There's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called The Knick, and I'm working on a video game called Far Cry 4," he said. "So yeah, I'm popular all this week."
In July, developer Ubisoft dropped several hints that a new Far Cry game was in the works.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said at the time. "It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one. More on that soon."
The last installment in the franchise was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a standalone riff on Far Cry 3 that turned the island into cyborg battleground populated with roaming, powerful dragons.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will share details as we know more.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming