American composer and former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Cliff Martinez seems to have outed Far Cry 4, according to a recent interview with Lost in the Multiplex.
In response to a question about what he is currently working on, Martinez replies that he is working on several projects, including the unannounced next title in the Far Cry series.
"There's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called The Knick, and I'm working on a video game called Far Cry 4," he said. "So yeah, I'm popular all this week."
In July, developer Ubisoft dropped several hints that a new Far Cry game was in the works.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said at the time. "It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one. More on that soon."
The last installment in the franchise was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a standalone riff on Far Cry 3 that turned the island into cyborg battleground populated with roaming, powerful dragons.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will share details as we know more.
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!