American composer and former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Cliff Martinez seems to have outed Far Cry 4, according to a recent interview with Lost in the Multiplex.
In response to a question about what he is currently working on, Martinez replies that he is working on several projects, including the unannounced next title in the Far Cry series.
"There's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called The Knick, and I'm working on a video game called Far Cry 4," he said. "So yeah, I'm popular all this week."
In July, developer Ubisoft dropped several hints that a new Far Cry game was in the works.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said at the time. "It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one. More on that soon."
The last installment in the franchise was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a standalone riff on Far Cry 3 that turned the island into cyborg battleground populated with roaming, powerful dragons.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will share details as we know more.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Women in the US game industry made 14 percent less than men in 2013, survey says
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA