American composer and former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Cliff Martinez seems to have outed Far Cry 4, according to a recent interview with Lost in the Multiplex.
In response to a question about what he is currently working on, Martinez replies that he is working on several projects, including the unannounced next title in the Far Cry series.
"There's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called The Knick, and I'm working on a video game called Far Cry 4," he said. "So yeah, I'm popular all this week."
In July, developer Ubisoft dropped several hints that a new Far Cry game was in the works.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said at the time. "It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one. More on that soon."
The last installment in the franchise was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a standalone riff on Far Cry 3 that turned the island into cyborg battleground populated with roaming, powerful dragons.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will share details as we know more.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition