American composer and former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Cliff Martinez seems to have outed Far Cry 4, according to a recent interview with Lost in the Multiplex.
In response to a question about what he is currently working on, Martinez replies that he is working on several projects, including the unannounced next title in the Far Cry series.
"There's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called The Knick, and I'm working on a video game called Far Cry 4," he said. "So yeah, I'm popular all this week."
In July, developer Ubisoft dropped several hints that a new Far Cry game was in the works.
"We're totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said at the time. "It's a great brand, and now it's got the recognition it deserves, so we're clearly going to make another one. More on that soon."
The last installment in the franchise was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a standalone riff on Far Cry 3 that turned the island into cyborg battleground populated with roaming, powerful dragons.
Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft and will share details as we know more.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Microsoft may be offering 24-hour demos of Xbox One games to Gold subscribers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us