John Carpenter is a noted film-maker whose work includes notable classics like Halloween, Escape from New York, Christine and Big Trouble in Little China. He's also a video game fan, who'd very much like to make a game of his own.
"I'd love to work on an original video game," said Carpenter, in an interview with Giant Bomb. "Maybe the opportunity will present itself."
Carpenter has dabbled with games in the past, narrating Fear 3, for example. But mostly, his involvement has been personal entertainment.
"My son got me interested in console video games," he said. "The first game I remember playing obsessively was Sonic the Hedgehog ... I have many favorite games. Borderlands 2 is spectacular. I love BioShock, the Dead Space series, The Last of Us..."
Horror has been a large part of Carpenter's life. He said that while he enjoys horror games like Silent Hill, he plays strictly for fun. "I don't think about the mechanics of horror games. I just immerse myself," he said.
- XBOne Classifieds
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick