John Carpenter is a noted film-maker whose work includes notable classics like Halloween, Escape from New York, Christine and Big Trouble in Little China. He's also a video game fan, who'd very much like to make a game of his own.
"I'd love to work on an original video game," said Carpenter, in an interview with Giant Bomb. "Maybe the opportunity will present itself."
Carpenter has dabbled with games in the past, narrating Fear 3, for example. But mostly, his involvement has been personal entertainment.
"My son got me interested in console video games," he said. "The first game I remember playing obsessively was Sonic the Hedgehog ... I have many favorite games. Borderlands 2 is spectacular. I love BioShock, the Dead Space series, The Last of Us..."
Horror has been a large part of Carpenter's life. He said that while he enjoys horror games like Silent Hill, he plays strictly for fun. "I don't think about the mechanics of horror games. I just immerse myself," he said.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?