John Carpenter is a noted film-maker whose work includes notable classics like Halloween, Escape from New York, Christine and Big Trouble in Little China. He's also a video game fan, who'd very much like to make a game of his own.
"I'd love to work on an original video game," said Carpenter, in an interview with Giant Bomb. "Maybe the opportunity will present itself."
Carpenter has dabbled with games in the past, narrating Fear 3, for example. But mostly, his involvement has been personal entertainment.
"My son got me interested in console video games," he said. "The first game I remember playing obsessively was Sonic the Hedgehog ... I have many favorite games. Borderlands 2 is spectacular. I love BioShock, the Dead Space series, The Last of Us..."
Horror has been a large part of Carpenter's life. He said that while he enjoys horror games like Silent Hill, he plays strictly for fun. "I don't think about the mechanics of horror games. I just immerse myself," he said.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?