John Carpenter is a noted film-maker whose work includes notable classics like Halloween, Escape from New York, Christine and Big Trouble in Little China. He's also a video game fan, who'd very much like to make a game of his own.
"I'd love to work on an original video game," said Carpenter, in an interview with Giant Bomb. "Maybe the opportunity will present itself."
Carpenter has dabbled with games in the past, narrating Fear 3, for example. But mostly, his involvement has been personal entertainment.
"My son got me interested in console video games," he said. "The first game I remember playing obsessively was Sonic the Hedgehog ... I have many favorite games. Borderlands 2 is spectacular. I love BioShock, the Dead Space series, The Last of Us..."
Horror has been a large part of Carpenter's life. He said that while he enjoys horror games like Silent Hill, he plays strictly for fun. "I don't think about the mechanics of horror games. I just immerse myself," he said.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!