John Carpenter is a noted film-maker whose work includes notable classics like Halloween, Escape from New York, Christine and Big Trouble in Little China. He's also a video game fan, who'd very much like to make a game of his own.
"I'd love to work on an original video game," said Carpenter, in an interview with Giant Bomb. "Maybe the opportunity will present itself."
Carpenter has dabbled with games in the past, narrating Fear 3, for example. But mostly, his involvement has been personal entertainment.
"My son got me interested in console video games," he said. "The first game I remember playing obsessively was Sonic the Hedgehog ... I have many favorite games. Borderlands 2 is spectacular. I love BioShock, the Dead Space series, The Last of Us..."
Horror has been a large part of Carpenter's life. He said that while he enjoys horror games like Silent Hill, he plays strictly for fun. "I don't think about the mechanics of horror games. I just immerse myself," he said.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27