Ninja Theory and Namco Bandai appear to be planning some form of re-release for their 2010 action adventure game, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, according to a new rating by Australia's classification board.
The board issued a new rating for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Premium Edition today, which is separate from a similar rating issued three years ago prior to the game shipping on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original Enslaved received an expansion, Pigsy's Perfect 10, about two months after the game was released, which may be part of the Premium Edition version of the game.
The rating may also point to a PC port of Enslaved, which was spotted in an unofficial Steam database months ago. Ninja Theory's previous console game, DmC: Devil May Cry, was released for Windows PC shortly after it hit PS3 and Xbox 360. Both titles run on Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3.
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was a re-imagining of classic Chinese tale Journey to the West, set in a post-apocalyptic future.
Update: A Namco Bandai rep confirmed to Polygon that Enslaved will be re-released as part of a premium edition later this month on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Game development