Ninja Theory and Namco Bandai appear to be planning some form of re-release for their 2010 action adventure game, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, according to a new rating by Australia's classification board.
The board issued a new rating for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Premium Edition today, which is separate from a similar rating issued three years ago prior to the game shipping on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original Enslaved received an expansion, Pigsy's Perfect 10, about two months after the game was released, which may be part of the Premium Edition version of the game.
The rating may also point to a PC port of Enslaved, which was spotted in an unofficial Steam database months ago. Ninja Theory's previous console game, DmC: Devil May Cry, was released for Windows PC shortly after it hit PS3 and Xbox 360. Both titles run on Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3.
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was a re-imagining of classic Chinese tale Journey to the West, set in a post-apocalyptic future.
Update: A Namco Bandai rep confirmed to Polygon that Enslaved will be re-released as part of a premium edition later this month on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC