BioShock Infinite's upcoming Burial at Sea story-driven DLC will feature new gear and weapons and brings back the weapon wheel from the original BioShock, according to a recent Reddit AMA with series creator Ken Levine and level designer Andres Gonzalez.
In response to a Redditor question, Gonzalez noted that while Burial at Sea is focused on a new narrative, it will also feature new gameplay elements. Players will have access to a new weapon and gear, a new Plasmid and Tears. Players will also have access to upgrades for the Plasmids and new weapon.
"Because we wanted to bring players to Rapture before the fall, we basically rebuilt Rapture from scratch and reworked the gameplay systems to offer a unique experience that has elements of the original BioShock, but is built in the BioShock Infinite engine," Gonzalez said. "What we ended up with was an experience that feels new and unique."
Gonzalez added that he hopes players will again feel that Rapture is not just a setting, but a character itself.
"We spent a lot of time figuring out how to build Rapture before the fall, and thought a lot about how the citizens would behave in Rapture and the kinds of things they would say and do," he wrote. "As you play it, I'd encourage you to walk around and really take it in. There is a lot of attention to detail in the spaces we built."
When asked, Levine was cagey on the subject of the Luteces' possible return for Burial at Sea. But he did make one fervent plea to Deviantart users who have posting pornographic fanart of Infinite's heroine.
"Seriously, whoever is doing the Elizabeth porn on Deviantart, please stop it," he wrote. "You're killing me. It's like coming across a picture of your daughter. I die a little inside with every page view."
Read the full AMA here.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?