BioShock Infinite's upcoming Burial at Sea story-driven DLC will feature new gear and weapons and brings back the weapon wheel from the original BioShock, according to a recent Reddit AMA with series creator Ken Levine and level designer Andres Gonzalez.
In response to a Redditor question, Gonzalez noted that while Burial at Sea is focused on a new narrative, it will also feature new gameplay elements. Players will have access to a new weapon and gear, a new Plasmid and Tears. Players will also have access to upgrades for the Plasmids and new weapon.
"Because we wanted to bring players to Rapture before the fall, we basically rebuilt Rapture from scratch and reworked the gameplay systems to offer a unique experience that has elements of the original BioShock, but is built in the BioShock Infinite engine," Gonzalez said. "What we ended up with was an experience that feels new and unique."
Gonzalez added that he hopes players will again feel that Rapture is not just a setting, but a character itself.
"We spent a lot of time figuring out how to build Rapture before the fall, and thought a lot about how the citizens would behave in Rapture and the kinds of things they would say and do," he wrote. "As you play it, I'd encourage you to walk around and really take it in. There is a lot of attention to detail in the spaces we built."
When asked, Levine was cagey on the subject of the Luteces' possible return for Burial at Sea. But he did make one fervent plea to Deviantart users who have posting pornographic fanart of Infinite's heroine.
"Seriously, whoever is doing the Elizabeth porn on Deviantart, please stop it," he wrote. "You're killing me. It's like coming across a picture of your daughter. I die a little inside with every page view."
Read the full AMA here.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?