Namco Bandai has brought forward the launch date of the 3DS version of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.
Based on the iconic game character's cartoon show, the colorful platformer was due to arrive Nov. 26, but will now be available Nov. 5. As planned, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Windows PC versions will be rolled out on Oct. 29.
"The schedule for producing the carts and passing submissions ended up working out to a date that would make it possible to release closer to the console and PC versions," a spokesperson for Namco Bandai told Polygon.
Across all platforms, a "ghoulishly exciting glow-in-the-dark poster" is being packed into the game package "while supplies last," according to the publisher.
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures includes a four-player competitive mode that casts players in the roles of ghosts, who must chase down the Pac-Man.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'