Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content will not be available for Wii U, a representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon today.
The representative did not provide any explanation for why the DLC wouldn't arrive on the platform. The DLC for Ubisoft's previous entry in the franchise, Assassin's Creed 3, was available on the Wii U.
Ubisoft detailed the upcoming game's first DLC pack earlier this week. The story-based Freedom Cry will star a former slave and protagonist Edward Kenway's second-in-command, Adewale. The entire slate of DLC, which includes multiplayer characters and more, will be available through a season pass for $19.99.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is set for an Oct. 24 launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC versions.
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)