Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content will not be available for Wii U, a representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon today.
The representative did not provide any explanation for why the DLC wouldn't arrive on the platform. The DLC for Ubisoft's previous entry in the franchise, Assassin's Creed 3, was available on the Wii U.
Ubisoft detailed the upcoming game's first DLC pack earlier this week. The story-based Freedom Cry will star a former slave and protagonist Edward Kenway's second-in-command, Adewale. The entire slate of DLC, which includes multiplayer characters and more, will be available through a season pass for $19.99.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is set for an Oct. 24 launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC versions.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- First Tekken 7 details revealed at Comic-Con
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction