Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content will not be available for Wii U, a representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon today.
The representative did not provide any explanation for why the DLC wouldn't arrive on the platform. The DLC for Ubisoft's previous entry in the franchise, Assassin's Creed 3, was available on the Wii U.
Ubisoft detailed the upcoming game's first DLC pack earlier this week. The story-based Freedom Cry will star a former slave and protagonist Edward Kenway's second-in-command, Adewale. The entire slate of DLC, which includes multiplayer characters and more, will be available through a season pass for $19.99.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is set for an Oct. 24 launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC versions.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant