Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag's downloadable content will not be available for Wii U, a representative for Ubisoft confirmed to Polygon today.
The representative did not provide any explanation for why the DLC wouldn't arrive on the platform. The DLC for Ubisoft's previous entry in the franchise, Assassin's Creed 3, was available on the Wii U.
Ubisoft detailed the upcoming game's first DLC pack earlier this week. The story-based Freedom Cry will star a former slave and protagonist Edward Kenway's second-in-command, Adewale. The entire slate of DLC, which includes multiplayer characters and more, will be available through a season pass for $19.99.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is set for an Oct. 24 launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC versions.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Here's how to make Uruks cry in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward