Bethesda Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks and Mojang are teaming up to bring a official content pack inspired by The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim to Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, the companies announced at Minecon 2013 today.
The pack, which is currently in development and "coming soon," overlays the world of Skyrim onto the "iconic, pixelated" world of Minecraft.
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Mash-Up pack, which is being created by Minecraft Xbox 360 developer 4J Studios, includes an exclusive Skyrim texture set for the title. The pack will also add 40 new character skins, Skyrim-themed menus and user interface, crafting items and more than 20 background tracks from the original Skyrim soundtrack.
The Mash-Up pack will also feature a pre-made world styled after three main Skyrim areas: Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak Falls Barrow.
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Mash-Up is available for attendees of Minecon 2013 in Orland, Fla. to get a first glimpse throughout the weekend. Minecon will run from this Saturday, Nov. 2 until Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Shadow of Mordor's Wraith is the ring forger himself, Celebrimbor
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction