Bethesda Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks and Mojang are teaming up to bring a official content pack inspired by The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim to Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, the companies announced at Minecon 2013 today.
The pack, which is currently in development and "coming soon," overlays the world of Skyrim onto the "iconic, pixelated" world of Minecraft.
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Mash-Up pack, which is being created by Minecraft Xbox 360 developer 4J Studios, includes an exclusive Skyrim texture set for the title. The pack will also add 40 new character skins, Skyrim-themed menus and user interface, crafting items and more than 20 background tracks from the original Skyrim soundtrack.
The Mash-Up pack will also feature a pre-made world styled after three main Skyrim areas: Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak Falls Barrow.
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Mash-Up is available for attendees of Minecon 2013 in Orland, Fla. to get a first glimpse throughout the weekend. Minecon will run from this Saturday, Nov. 2 until Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward