"We've changed the studio's name from People Can Fly to Epic Games Poland. We're a global company with talented people working toward one goal across the world. We think this helps better reflect that," said Epic Games in a statement to Pixel Enemy that was later obtained by Polygon.
Epic also confirmed to Polygon that the newly christened Epic Games Poland is working on Fortnite along with a team at Epic's Cary, N.C., headquarters. Fortnite, which Epic originally announced in December 2011, will be the publisher's first Unreal Engine 4 title.
Epic Games Poland, which is based in Warsaw, is hiring for a concept artist and a texture artist, according to Epic's careers page. The studio was originally founded as People Can Fly in February 2002; Epic purchased a majority stake in the company in August 2007, and fully acquired it in August 2012. Around the same time, People Can Fly founder Adrian Chmielarz and two top officials left the company and later founded an independent studio, The Astronauts.
People Can Fly's most recent game was Gears of War: Judgment, which it co-developed with Epic and released this past March.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop