"We've changed the studio's name from People Can Fly to Epic Games Poland. We're a global company with talented people working toward one goal across the world. We think this helps better reflect that," said Epic Games in a statement to Pixel Enemy that was later obtained by Polygon.
Epic also confirmed to Polygon that the newly christened Epic Games Poland is working on Fortnite along with a team at Epic's Cary, N.C., headquarters. Fortnite, which Epic originally announced in December 2011, will be the publisher's first Unreal Engine 4 title.
Epic Games Poland, which is based in Warsaw, is hiring for a concept artist and a texture artist, according to Epic's careers page. The studio was originally founded as People Can Fly in February 2002; Epic purchased a majority stake in the company in August 2007, and fully acquired it in August 2012. Around the same time, People Can Fly founder Adrian Chmielarz and two top officials left the company and later founded an independent studio, The Astronauts.
People Can Fly's most recent game was Gears of War: Judgment, which it co-developed with Epic and released this past March.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free