Bugbear Entertainment, the developer behind the FlatOut racing series and Ridge Racer Unbounded, is turning to Kickstarter to help fund the development of its next game, currently titled Next Car Game. The Finnish studio promises its next project will be a "demolition racing game with spectacular crashes, realistic driving physics and intense car building from the makers."
The developer is seeking $350,000 to complete Bugbear Entertainment's Next Car Game, which has been up for community voting on Steam Greenlight since September and available for pre-order from the game's official website since August.
The developer says its new game is being created in the spirit of titles like Destruction Derby, FlatOut and Street Rod, integrating dynamic damage, extensive upgrading and an advanced racing engine. The title is being developed primarily for Windows PC at this stage, but Bugbear lists next-gen console versions as a $1.5 million stretch goal.
Bugbear's Next Car Game is pegged for a May 2014 release and potential backers can watch the developer's pitch — and see some gameplay footage — in their Kickstarter video.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song