Bugbear Entertainment, the developer behind the FlatOut racing series and Ridge Racer Unbounded, is turning to Kickstarter to help fund the development of its next game, currently titled Next Car Game. The Finnish studio promises its next project will be a "demolition racing game with spectacular crashes, realistic driving physics and intense car building from the makers."
The developer is seeking $350,000 to complete Bugbear Entertainment's Next Car Game, which has been up for community voting on Steam Greenlight since September and available for pre-order from the game's official website since August.
The developer says its new game is being created in the spirit of titles like Destruction Derby, FlatOut and Street Rod, integrating dynamic damage, extensive upgrading and an advanced racing engine. The title is being developed primarily for Windows PC at this stage, but Bugbear lists next-gen console versions as a $1.5 million stretch goal.
Bugbear's Next Car Game is pegged for a May 2014 release and potential backers can watch the developer's pitch — and see some gameplay footage — in their Kickstarter video.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Report: Walmart canceling Destiny Ghost Edition pre-orders 'due to a supply issue'
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today