The next-gen edition of Skylanders Swap Force will launch in North America on Nov. 12 ahead of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One releases, Activision announced today.
According to the announcement, the game runs in native 1080p on both next-gen consoles. The third installment of the Skylanders franchise features 16 base characters that players can use create 250 possible characters by swapping the top and bottom halves of the toys. Players can also use with their Skylanders Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders Giants character collection with the latest game.
Skylanders Swap Force next-gen edition also features an overhauled graphics engine which allowed the team to get closer to creating a game that looks and feels like an interactive kid's movie.
"We really wanted to deliver that interactive kids movie experience," Wilson said. "Really bring the world of Skylanders to life in a way we haven't seen before. It's really all about immersion: taking kids on that fantasy adventure and putting them in this new world."
Microsoft's next-gen hardware will be available on Nov. 22 in the U.S. and Sony's upcoming console will launch on Nov. 15 in North America.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode