Early adopters of the PlayStation 4 can download the system's day-one software update — version 1.50 — from PlayStation.com ahead of the console's official launch this Friday, Nov. 15.
Sony Computer Entertainment has posted the PS4 system software update, a 308 MB download, to its website, allowing users to potentially beat the rush to update their systems. Instructions for downloading the update to a computer, moving it to a USB flash drive and installing the software on the PS4 are available at PlayStation.com.
PS4 owners will also have the option to update the console's software from the system itself.
The PS4's day one patch adds a long list of crucial features, including Remote Play with PlayStation Vita, party chat, online multiplayer, the ability to play games as they download and much more.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?