Early adopters of the PlayStation 4 can download the system's day-one software update — version 1.50 — from PlayStation.com ahead of the console's official launch this Friday, Nov. 15.
Sony Computer Entertainment has posted the PS4 system software update, a 308 MB download, to its website, allowing users to potentially beat the rush to update their systems. Instructions for downloading the update to a computer, moving it to a USB flash drive and installing the software on the PS4 are available at PlayStation.com.
PS4 owners will also have the option to update the console's software from the system itself.
The PS4's day one patch adds a long list of crucial features, including Remote Play with PlayStation Vita, party chat, online multiplayer, the ability to play games as they download and much more.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?