President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida wants Nintendo to be "very successful."
In an interview with IGN this week, Yoshida said that Nintendo "makes pretty fun family-friendly games." He has two Wii U consoles at his house, which he plays with his young daughters.
Nintendo's strength at catering to young gamers also pays dividends to companies like Sony, who generally cater to older gamers, he said.
"I think Nintendo and us are pretty much in the same group," Yoshida said. "We need Nintendo to be very successful, to help induct as many consumers who like to play games with controllers, right? With sticks and buttons. Because we believe they are great things."
Speaking broadly about the three console manufacturers, Yoshida said that just because they're in competition doesn't mean that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony don't help each other.
"We need each other, I think, to create a bigger story."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall