Next-gen has arrived. The PlayStation 4 is Sony's best console to date in terms of its looks, controller and much more, but its focus on gaming, and only gaming, is seriously hindered by its lack of compelling launch titles.
Reviewer Chris Plante calls Resogun a "collision of 1980s shooters, 1990s bullet-hells and 2010s aesthetic. It's as simple or difficult as you want it to be. Sure, it borrows great ideas quite liberally. But Resogun's best idea is smashing them all together into a singular, spectacular laser light show."
Knack might be a short title, with strong core concepts, but it's held back by too much tedium. Deputy reviews editor Phil Kollar says that the game's "moments of payoff come too infrequently to make plodding through another three dozen frustrating enemies any less tedious."
Killzone: Shadow Fall retreads too many shooter cliches to succeed. According to reviewer Arthur Gies, the "absence of meaningful evolution might be Killzone: Shadow Fall's biggest sin ... In a launch lineup crowded with shooters, Killzone: Shadow Fall sits at the bottom."
Although reviewer Chris Plante found the game to be beautiful, funny and even a little profound in parts, Contrast is "confusing and difficult to look at. Contrast is rushed, messy, and, just like that, it's done."
Nintendo announced new DLC for Pikmin 3, as well as release dates for Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy and Bravely Default. The Nintendo 3DS will also receive a system update and new features.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Telltale describes the difficulty of starting over in The Walking Dead Season Two
- Goat Simulator's Steam support is the 'most defining and important part'
- Report: Xbox Live could feature targeted political ads
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance adding Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy content