Among the Sleep, Krillbite Studio's first-person horror/adventure game mashup, is shaping up for an "early spring 2014" release, the developer announced today in a backers-only Kickstarter blog update.
During the last few months and in the wake of the game's successful Kickstarter campaign, the developer has been "focusing intensively on the chapters that [need] most work" and combining those into "one continuous experience." Through that process, Krillbite was able to determine a release window.
"The most important thing for us is to make the game as good as possible," the blog post reads. "Going forward this involves streamlining the game overall, adding detail, implementing voiceovers, localization, optimising the Oculus Rift implementation, improving menu & GUI, and lots'n lots of testing and bug fixing. In addition we still have to nail the launch details with distributors like Steam and GOG.
"With that in mind, it looks as though Among the Sleep will be released [in] early spring 2014!"
Be sure to read Polygon's interview with Norwegian developer Adrian Tingstad Husby to learn more more about the game, in which you play as a two-year-old child.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer