Sony has issued a statement following reports of faulty PlayStation 4 units among early shipments.
The company said that 0.4 percent of units thus far sent to consumers have been reported back as having faults. Over the past 24 hours, two media outlets as well as a small number of consumers who had received early units reported failures, variously tied to HDMI ports and software updates.
"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems," offered the statement, sent to Polygon. "This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch."
A Sony spokesperson added that, "the number of affected systems represents less than .4 percent of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9