Sony has issued a statement following reports of faulty PlayStation 4 units among early shipments.
The company said that 0.4 percent of units thus far sent to consumers have been reported back as having faults. Over the past 24 hours, two media outlets as well as a small number of consumers who had received early units reported failures, variously tied to HDMI ports and software updates.
"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems," offered the statement, sent to Polygon. "This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch."
A Sony spokesperson added that, "the number of affected systems represents less than .4 percent of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."
In This StoryStream
- Forum moderation?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31