New gameplay footage from the standalone version of zombie-filled open-world title, DayZ, gives players a look at the game's pre-alpha state.
The video, which you can watch above, features close-up combat with zombies and some of the game's exploration elements. It was posted by creator Dean Hall, who adds that the footage is unedited and "makes no effort to mask the variety of bugs."
"Our who focus is on getting the alpha out, which means focusing on multiplayer (server) performance," Hall wrote.
Earlier this month, Hall revealed on Reddit that DayZ remains a work in progress due to optimization issues and bug fixing. A release date has not yet been announced.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???