"Because of popular request, we've been working with Zach Gage and Greg Wohlwend since March to see if we can create an Android version of Ridiculous Fishing," the post reads. "The breakthrough came when we met up with the folks at Apportable, who have a framework that allows them to port the game over to Android. That port is now almost done, and the next time you see us mentioning this should be when it releases. It might be sooner than you think."
During a panel at the 2013 Game Developers Conference Europe in August, developers Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman revealed that Ridiculous Fishing was approaching $1 million in sales. According to the developers, the game has sold almost 300,000 copies since it launched for iOS in March.
The update also announced that Vlambeer's dogfighting game, Luftrausers, has been pushed back from its tentative 2013 release to early 2014. The rescheduling is due to realistic QA timeframe expectations and key personnel being out of action. With development on the title completed and QA still to do, the developer has passed on the paperwork and setup to publisher Devolver Digital. A firm launch date will be shared once the game passes certification.
"We assumed that certification would be harsh, but didn't expect it to take more than a month or two," the blog states. "While a part of our team was already focusing on Nuclear Throne and Ridiculous Fishing, we kept being pulled back to fix things or add last minute changes to the game to fit within the requirements. Switching between projects in such different states mentally is extremely exhausting, and a lot of our time was spent orienting on where the game was and where it needed to go."
Vlambeer is currently experimenting with Windows 8 support using Luftrausers and Nuclear Throne as test projects. Once successful, the developer will explore Windows 8 support for Super Crate Box, Gun Godz and Serious Sam: The Random Encounter.
To find out more about Ridiculous Fishing, be sure to check out our feature on Vlambeer and the creation of the game.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- Here's a first-person shooter with a difference
- Media Molecule teases PS4 project with trippy strobe-lit faces
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- Maniac Mansion design doc highlights a simpler, funnier era