Console gamers looking to put the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 generation behind them may want to consider Best Buy's offer. The electronics retailer is giving $100 in trade-in credit — in the form of a Best Buy gift card — for a working PS3 or Xbox 360.
The trade-in deal, which comes with its own rules and restrictions, naturally, is available at Best Buy locations until Saturday, Nov. 23 — the day after the Xbox One launches in North America.
Best Buy's Black Friday deals, while not some of the better deals on offer during the holiday shopping season kick-off, emerged last week. It's possible that PS3 trade-ins could be used toward the retailer's discounted bundle, featuring The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins, for a potential hardware upgrade.
The company is also attempting to lure in video game shoppers with its Unlocked Epic Gaming Package, a subscription-based discount service.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?