Console gamers looking to put the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 generation behind them may want to consider Best Buy's offer. The electronics retailer is giving $100 in trade-in credit — in the form of a Best Buy gift card — for a working PS3 or Xbox 360.
The trade-in deal, which comes with its own rules and restrictions, naturally, is available at Best Buy locations until Saturday, Nov. 23 — the day after the Xbox One launches in North America.
Best Buy's Black Friday deals, while not some of the better deals on offer during the holiday shopping season kick-off, emerged last week. It's possible that PS3 trade-ins could be used toward the retailer's discounted bundle, featuring The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins, for a potential hardware upgrade.
The company is also attempting to lure in video game shoppers with its Unlocked Epic Gaming Package, a subscription-based discount service.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders