The latest release for Namco Bandai and Nintendo's Mario Kart series for arcade systems, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, will hit western arcades winter 2013, Arcade Hero reports.
Announced by Namco in February, the third iteration of the Mario Kart arcade racing series rolled out to Japanese arcades in July. Mario Kart Arcade GP DX features ten courses and its playable racers include: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Pac-Man and Don from the Taiko no Tatsujin series.
The familiar Grand Prix and Battle modes are included, along with two new ones called Alter-Ego and Team. The new Alter-Ego mode allows gamers to race against other players ghosts and Team mode pits two players up against two AI opponents.
The arcade game also features mechanics from Mario Kart 7, such as gliders and underwater racing. Attendees at the IAAPA 2013 trade show in Orlando, FL have the opportunity to get hands-on with the arcade racer ahead of its western release.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer