Retail giant Walmart announced today that it will offer its Black Friday deals a week early, with Black Friday-like prices on popular toys and electronics being made available starting Nov. 22.
The pre-Black Friday sale will be offered in Walmart stores and online. Some of the sale items include Skylanders and Disney Infinity Start Packs, which are normally priced at $74.96 and are being reduced to $37 during the sale period. Select PlayStation 4 and Xbox One titles like Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 are also being reduced from $59.96 to $49.
In addition to the pre-Black Friday sale, beginning today, Walmart is also extending its Christmas Ad Match to Walmart.com. This means customers who make a purchase on Walmart's website and find a lower price at another brick and mortar competitor can email Walmart and receive the difference on a gift card.
"Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win," said Walmart's chief merchandising and marketing officer, Duncan Mc Naughton. "With six fewer days from Thanksgiving to Christmas, the retail environment is more competitive than ever. Every opportunity to get a great deal — whether this weekend, on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday weekend — matters for our customers. When it comes to price, we're going to deliver for them."
In This StoryStream
- XBOne Classifieds
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick