God of War: Ascension game director Todd Papy announced his departure from Sony Santa Monica via Twitter today.
Yesterday was my last day @SonySantaMonica. I'm extremely honored to have been part of that team. <3 you SSM! Time for the next adventure!!— Todd Papy (@ToddPapy) November 2, 2013
Papy joined SCEA Santa Monica in 2010. According to his Twitter, he hasn't "quit games," but will be making a move to Germany.
Previously, Papy did design work for Atari, Sony Computer Entertainment and Midway Games.
Papy isn't the first to depart Santa Monica following a God of War title. Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe left after the first game in the series, while former director Cory Barlog exited after God of War 2. In August of this year, however, Barlog returned to the company to work on a new project.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works, so 'please relax'