Square Enix isn't saying whether Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider reboot is headed to next-gen consoles, but a representative from the company told IGN that we may know more next month.
Reports of a next-gen version began circulating when a listing for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 appeared on Amazon's Italian website. Though it has since been removed, according to IGN, the listing included a January 24, 2014 release date and was bundled in the game's downloadable content. It also referenced next-gen consoles, which could indicate versions for Xbox One and Wii U.
Though a Square Enix representative stopped short of confirming a new version of the game, they did say that more information is forthcoming.
"It's so hard to keep a secret these days," the representative said. "We appreciate all of the enthusiasm, however we don't have any details to share just yet. That said, we highly recommend you keep an eye on any major gaming events happening in early December."
The 'early December' timing could be a reference to the annual Spike Video Game Awards, which often contain announcements like Dark Souls 2 last year. Tomb Raider has been nominated for Game of the Year, Best Action Adventure Game, Best Xbox and Best PlayStation Game. Voice actor Camilla Luddington has also been nominated for her portrayal of Lara Croft. Rebranded this year as VGX, the awards show will be livestreamed Saturday, Dec. 7 at 6 p.m. ET. Check out the full list of VGX 2013 nominees to see what made the cut.
For more on the game, which is available now for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, you can read Polygon's Tomb Raider review.
- Toys for Bob and the story behind Skylanders
- Your first look at Prodigy's two new monstrous creatures
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- Wildstar PvP will throw you into a 40 vs. 40 battle royale
- Starbound studio is helping to bring metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia to new platforms
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?