A dedicated YouTube app will be available on Xbox One when the console launches on Friday, Nov. 22, Microsoft and YouTube announced today.
The Xbox One version of YouTube will include voice and gesture controls for watching and scrolling through videos, as well as channel subscriptions. Kinect-based voice commands can be initiated by saying "YouTube" and saying things like "pause," "play" and "fast forward." YouTube on Xbox One will feature a number of categories, including gaming, sports, news and "LOL."
YouTube for Xbox One will be available on Friday in territories where both the console and YouTube are offered, with the exception of Austria, Ireland and New Zealand, where the app is expected to go live "in the coming days."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)