A dedicated YouTube app will be available on Xbox One when the console launches on Friday, Nov. 22, Microsoft and YouTube announced today.
The Xbox One version of YouTube will include voice and gesture controls for watching and scrolling through videos, as well as channel subscriptions. Kinect-based voice commands can be initiated by saying "YouTube" and saying things like "pause," "play" and "fast forward." YouTube on Xbox One will feature a number of categories, including gaming, sports, news and "LOL."
YouTube for Xbox One will be available on Friday in territories where both the console and YouTube are offered, with the exception of Austria, Ireland and New Zealand, where the app is expected to go live "in the coming days."
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes