A dedicated YouTube app will be available on Xbox One when the console launches on Friday, Nov. 22, Microsoft and YouTube announced today.
The Xbox One version of YouTube will include voice and gesture controls for watching and scrolling through videos, as well as channel subscriptions. Kinect-based voice commands can be initiated by saying "YouTube" and saying things like "pause," "play" and "fast forward." YouTube on Xbox One will feature a number of categories, including gaming, sports, news and "LOL."
YouTube for Xbox One will be available on Friday in territories where both the console and YouTube are offered, with the exception of Austria, Ireland and New Zealand, where the app is expected to go live "in the coming days."
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)