A new update for Valve's frequently updated free-to-play shooter, Team Fortress 2, will add new features to the game, including cosmetic weapon and character effects, new maps and tweaks to Mann vs. Machine co-op gameplay.
The first half of the "Two Cities Update" was introduced on the Team Fortress 2 blog today, showcasing a new Mann vs. Machine map, Mannhattan. The new map's robotic soldiers can "advance their own spawn points and introduce new bombs into the map for the first time," adding a twist to the co-op game mode. The update will add another map, Snakewater, a control point map created by community member Toivo Sawen.
Also new in the update are weapon effects and Killstreak Kits, which players can apply to weapons and craft for increasingly rare Killstreak Kits. The effects appear to make weapons glow and players' eyes emanate flames.
The official TF2 blog has more details about what else is coming in the Two Cities Update, including detailed performance stats, refunds in Mann vs. Machine mode and new achievements.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards