A new area in PlayStation Home called the PlayStation 4 Experience is giving away a trio of free PSone Classics — Twisted Metal, Warhawk and Destruction Derby — to PS3 owners willing to embark on a relatively short quest in Sony's virtual hangout space.
The PlayStation 4 Experience room is immediately accessible from Home's main hub area and features an oversized PlayStation Vita that players can interact with. From there, players can embark on a "Quest for Greatness," a scavenger hunt for 13 cards hidden in virtual trash cans, couch cushions and more, all marked by sparkling icons.
The scavenger hunt is simple, requiring about 10 minutes or so of hunting, light puzzle-solving and Coming to America references. Trailers and images for PS4 games like Knack, DriveClub and Killzone: Shadow Fall are available, but not required viewing to progress in the quest.
Three vouchers for Twisted Metal, Warhawk and Destruction Derby scattered about provide download codes for PS3 and PS Vita.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake