InXile Entertainment is inviting backers of Torment: Tides of Numenera to vote on what combat they would like to see integrated into the game, turn-based versus real-time with pause, according to an update on the project's Kickstarter page.
"Over the last couple weeks, we've been reading all of your commentary and ideas regarding combat," the update states. "Many good points and suggestions, and mostly civil discourse. Thanks to all who have engaged in the discussion so far!"
Voting is restricted to backers who have until December to cast their vote on the game's official website.
As the game's previous update explains, Real Time with Pause combat system is similar to combat adopted by games such as Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights games. Players have the option of issuing orders in real-time or pause the game to do so. Turn-Based Turn-Based gameplay is featured in games such as Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and X-Com Enemy Unknown. Full details about the two gameplay options are discussed in detail on the game's previous update.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles