Sony plans to release a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita 'Ultimate Bundle' for the holiday season, MCV reports.
"We're really excited for Vita as we move into Christmas," senior product manager Ben Law told MCV. "We've got a great campaign with key messaging around new releases like Tearaway, the ever-growing game catalogue and the Remote Play service."
According to MCV, Sony intends to run a £2.5m television campaign called "The Best Way to Play" to highlight how the PS Vita integrates with PS4, as well as promoting the handheld's title Tearaway.
Leading up to the next-gen console's launch, Sony has been highlighting PS Vita's integrated features with the console. These features include second screen functionality through the official PlayStation smartphone application and PS4's Remote Play capability, which allows supported PS4 games to be played on the PlayStation Vita via a wi-fi connection. Announced games that support the feature include Diablo 3, Assassin's Creed 4: Back Flag, Resogun and many more.
To leverage these features, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia's managing director Michael Ephraim recently told Polygon that Sony is "looking at " Vita price drops and possible handheld/console bundles.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite