The development team behind Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag pledged its commitment to optimizing its games for PC in the wake of the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One, according to associate producer Sylvain Trottier in an interview posted to the Ubisoft Blog.
Trottier said that PC optimization is a key process for all of Ubisoft's games, and Black Flag is no exception. In fact, after the developers finished the R&D stages for the game, they began optimization on PC first. This is because of three reasons: every team member has a PC at their desk, most engineers are more familiar with the PC environment in the early stages of next-gen consoles and both the PS4 and Xbox One are similar to the PC.
"It's not 100 percent linear," Trottier said, "but at least it gives you an order of magnitude."
Trottier said Ubisoft's development team in Kiev is a testament to the company's dedication to making a game just as great on PC as it is for consoles.
"We are very proud of the PC version of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag," Trottier continues. "The game runs well on low-end PCs, and lots of additional features were added for higher-end machines, allowing each and every customer to fully enjoy the experience on their PCs."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart