Square Enix will release update patch 2.1 for its massively multiplayer online game, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, Dec. 17, Siliconera reports.
In addition to general fixes and updates, the patch will introduce beauty salons, which allow players to change their character's appearance. During a recent Q&A session, producer Naoki Yoshida explained how salons will work. There will be no limit on how many times players can use the beauty salon to make tweaks to hair color, facial features, face paint and more.
"We currently plan on implementing additional options through our future patches," Yoshida said. "Please note that every patch will be focused on a specific race. In addition, players will be able to choose hairstyles from other races."
Final Fantasy 14 relaunched as A Realm Reborn in August. More details on the patch are available on the Final Fantasy 14 forums.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance