Persona 5 will launch for PlayStation 3 in Japan during winter 2014, with three spin-off titles coming for various platforms, Atlus announced today.
The Persona 5 teaser trailer, which you can watch above, includes only the game's release date. It features fives chairs, each of which has a ball and chain, against a red background.
"You are slave," the text reads. "Want emancipation?
The series' spin-off titles have a wide range in their focus. According to Gematsu, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth is an Etrian-like dungeon crawler that brings the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4 together. The game is slated for launch June 5, 2014 for Nintendo 3DS.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night is a "sound action" game for PlayStation Vita, set six months after the events of Persona 4. Players will be able to compete in "Battle Dances" against shadows. The game will launch in fall 2014.
Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold, or Persona 4 Arena 2, launches for PlayStation 3 in summer 2014. Like Persona 4 Arena, it appears to be a fighting game that pits characters from the series against one another.
Release dates for North America have not been announced for any of the aforementioned titles.
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?