Moderators for game streaming service Twitch are cracking down on PlayStation 4 owners who are misusing the new console's ability to stream content on the site with its Playroom feature.
Since the launch of the PS4, a number of users have made use of the Playroom feature to stream off-topic and occasionally lewd content, Kotaku reports. Playroom, a free title for the system, lets users film themselves in their living room using the PlayStation Camera as they appear to interact with on-screen objects in the real world.
A series of tweets from Twitch support highlight the company's moderating rules, following the apparent misuse of the feature.
"FYI: We continue to moderate according to our Terms of Service. Non-gaming content is not allowed," reads one tweet. "Non-gaming content (c): If using PS4 Playroom, the content must be about games or gaming and within our ToS. Thanks for understanding."
A statement sent to Kotaku from the company reads: "As Twitch continues to attract new broadcasters, we want to keep our terms of service top of mind and reiterate we are a destination for video game-related content. We also have a team, supported by a predominantly positive minded community, that works around the clock to ensure our TOS is being adhered to. It is at the discretion of our partners to determine which Twitch features are integrated into their hardware and software."
Playroom livestreams can be viewed both on Twitch and through the PS4 on its Live from PlayStation app.
Polygon has reached out to Twitch with regards to possible changes to its Terms of Service in light of this misuse.
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?