Assassin's Creed Pirates, the mobile spin-off of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, will launch on Dec. 5 for iOS and Android, reports IGN.
The Ubisoft Paris-developed mobile title will cost $4.99 on both platforms.The game allows players to engage in "brutal naval combat" and further explore Assassin's Creed's version of the Caribbean sea and islands.
Much like in Black Flag, players will embark on a quest for hidden treasure. But instead of focusing on Edward Kenway, players will follow pirate Alonzo Batilla. In Pirates players will recruit and upgrade crew members, outfit their pirate ships and go head-to-head with other in-game ships in real-time naval combat.
Pirates also includes elements of the classic Assassin's Creed conflict between the Assassins and the Templars, as well as appearances by famous pirates like Blackbeard and Bellamy.
Assassin's Creed Pirates was announced in September as a standalone mobile title emphasizing the treasure hunting and naval combat elements of console title Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.
Update: Ubisoft confirmed in a press statement that Assassin's Creed Pirates will be launching for mobile devices on Dec. 5.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards